EARACHE TO RELEASE WORLD’S SHORTEST ALBUM ON VINYL
After releasing the world’s longest doom song in February (Sabazius’s 11-hour homage to feedback and existential despair, The Descent of Man), Earache Records is marking Record Store Day in 2013 by reissuing The World’s Shortest Album on vinyl.
I’m not being glib; that really is the title. Anyway, this 13-track release was first issued in 2012 as a digital download, but novelty noise fans will now get the chance to own all 83 seconds of it on a five-inch slab of the black stuff from April 20.
Given that the album’s packed with absurdly concise ditties from the likes of Napalm Death, Anal Cunt, Morbid Angel and Lawnmower Deth, it’d make the perfect Easter stocking-filler for any nostalgic grind addict. (Well, at least those who don’t mind flipping over vinyl every 40 seconds or so.) But, alas, at one minue 33 seconds it’s not one to kick back with a ‘number’ and ‘groove’ to.
Regardless, it’s a neat little idea and Earache deserve a round of applause for keeping people talking about metal with their stunts.
Here’s the tracklisting:
01. Napalm Death – You Suffer (1.9s)
02. Napalm Death – Dead (2.7s)
03. Napalm Death – Your Achievement (4.2s)
04. Wormrot – False Grind Sodomy (2.5s)
05. Wormrot – You Suffer But Why Is It My Problem (4.0s)
06. Brutal Truth – Collateral Damage (4.0s)
07. A.C. – Howard Wulkan’s Bald (4.0s)
01. Lawnmower Deth – Be Scene Not Heard (4.7s)
02. Painkiller – Trailmarker (6.0s)
03. Brutal Truth – Blockhead (7.3s)
04. Morbid Angel – Bil Ur-Sag #2 Lava (6.9s)
05. A.C. – Windchimes Are Gay (9.5s)
06. Insect Warfare – Street Sweeper (13.5s)
But if you can’t wait ’til April, or just can’t be arsed to spend 83 seconds crouched in front of your turntable, Earache’s got the whole thing up on its YouTube channel. Which I’ve embedded here. To save time, you see. After all, how else are you going to crowbar this little gem into your busy, busy day?
Thanks for dropping in!
If you’re here maybe you should think of adding Zero Tolerance Magazine to your arsenal of regular reading? We offer a 3-issue trial subscription to whet your appetite. http://store.ztmag.com