“Archways” is the opening track from Stench’s new album entitled “Venture”, to be released on on the 26th of September in Europe and 7th of October in North America via Agonia Records
“Venture” features seven brand new songs reminiscent of horror infected old-school death metal, but with a otherworldly vibe which prudently creeps into the music and makes it even more adventurous. At times harmonious and melodic, at times dreadful and rowdy – the Swedes play their own game, picturing fear, anxiety and risk with their instruments.
Jonathan Hultén (guitars) comments: “Venture” is a journey from the rawest, most monotonous cellar-darkness up to a desolate mountain top, from which you are thrown into the abyss below in a castanedian manner. If only but for a moment or even throughout the whole 38 minutes, be prepared to enter the other world. For four years we have been boiling down our material to the bone in pursuit of the essence of this type of music. Our conclusion is that the simple and repetitive riffing is holding the key, and is enhanced by more or less subtle choirs and sound textures. Primitive, yet atmospheric”.
- Recorded, mixed and mastered in Necromorbus Studio (Watain, Portrait) by Jonas Wikstrand (Enforcer).
– Album artwork created by Necromantic Art (Tribulation, Necrovation, Venenum, Decomposed).
- Seven new songs of adventurous and epic death metal played with an old-school vibe.
– Recommended for fans of Autopsy, Repugnant, Tribulation, Kaamos, Entombed, Master’s Hammer and Watain.
- Follow-up to the band’s debut opus “In Putrescence” (2010).
– Featuring members of Tribulation.